Doctors, Politicians, Priests…My father was such a gentleman. He went for years to Doctors to treat and manage his Emphysema and other related medical problems. He was just a wonder and a very patient man. I can remember him trying to explain to impatient me (Why can’t they fix you? What’s wrong with those educated idiots?) He would look at me and explain that these “professional” were all “just Practicing” that what they call the practice of law, medicine and a few other alchemical tricks to us lay people, “practice’. I guess the mistake is that early on we begin to defer to and to expect these guys to have all the answers, then we can never ever forgive them if they don’t. Then occasionally you’ll run into one that (ok more that occasionally more like most often) thinks they are a god and incapable of either admitting a mistake or correcting a bad course they’ve taken. So of couse it just makes me mad that these guys pretend that they with the with their combined hundreds of years of education and practice they have all the answers and then still don’t to win in the end. They are supposed to be respected and honored while they (just like us) grope about for the rhyme and reasons of this life. I guess its just the pisser of a realization that the experts really don’t have a clue. So now when I turn on the tv or read or meet a Minister or a Priest or a Lawyer or a Doctor I am immediately pissed. Just by their very existence. Anyone who thinks they have the answers is a LIAR. Both to themselves (fools) and to you. So realize the original premise is correct “one life to a customer’. It’s yours, body mind and soul.
- Hail Women
- While I was chasing my last Cherrio around the bowl….
- The 5th Annual John D. Buskirk Golf Outing
- More “Terms of Endearment”…
- to the blessed virgin…
- For each and every action there is an equal and opposite reaction…
- When is a Corporation not a “Person” in the legal sense ?
- Did you know that MILK doubles your chances of BREAST CANCER ?
- It’s the small things…
- Elie Wiesel, “Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.”
- Book Values and Availability
- Carallel Corner/ Carallelworld
- cleveland war veterans stories
- emmy legends interviews
- free digital photos for your writing
- free tv= hulu.com
- Google Book Search
- Internet Archive
- John Tidyman, Author, humorist and all around "right guy" by Jack Nicholson and Sheila Follman standards (pretty high!)
- Mount Pleasant Cemetary
- Newspaper Archive
- old newspapers thru library of congress
- Open Culture
- Porvo.com ; Words pronounced in any language
- Remembering John Buskirk
- Remembering Ryan Klesh
- sandysays1's weblog
- Songs and Lyrics
- ted themes
- The Onion News Online