Years ago my sister Therese and I went to a funeral service with both my parents. We all had connections with the deceased or some part of his family. The guy was my sister Therese’s former supervisor; his Dad had worked with ours for years. I worked with the deceased Sister at a parking lot. He was a lovely man. In fact the whole family was terrific. “Stanley”, that’s a family name out of Cleveland. Great people with a terrific sense of humor. Upon leaving the funeral home my Mother became quiet and somewhat teary (totally unlike her). At this point Therese and I were sitting in the backseat of my Father’s car, and in doing so , had reverted to “the Kids”. Mom looked at Dad and said, “You know Bill, I was very proud of those girls in there (Therese & I). You could take them anywhere, you needn’t put bags over their heads! Wonderful, at Thirty and Thirty-two respectively we could finally be bought out into the open.
- Hail Women
- While I was chasing my last Cherrio around the bowl….
- The 5th Annual John D. Buskirk Golf Outing
- More “Terms of Endearment”…
- to the blessed virgin…
- For each and every action there is an equal and opposite reaction…
- When is a Corporation not a “Person” in the legal sense ?
- Did you know that MILK doubles your chances of BREAST CANCER ?
- It’s the small things…
- Elie Wiesel, “Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.”
- Book Values and Availability
- Carallel Corner/ Carallelworld
- cleveland war veterans stories
- emmy legends interviews
- free digital photos for your writing
- free tv= hulu.com
- Google Book Search
- Internet Archive
- John Tidyman, Author, humorist and all around "right guy" by Jack Nicholson and Sheila Follman standards (pretty high!)
- Mount Pleasant Cemetary
- Newspaper Archive
- old newspapers thru library of congress
- Open Culture
- Porvo.com ; Words pronounced in any language
- Remembering John Buskirk
- Remembering Ryan Klesh
- sandysays1's weblog
- Songs and Lyrics
- ted themes
- The Onion News Online